Home Forums GENERAL DISCUSSIONS WATERMELON

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ChikaSoPrecious
    Keymaster

watermellon

Watermelon consists mostly of water (91%) and carbs (7.5%). It provides almost no protein or fat and is very low in calories.

Watermelon is the best known fresh source of lycopene, a powerful antioxidant responsible for its red color.
    Watermelon is the richest known dietary source of the amino acid citrulline. The highest amount is found in the white rind that surrounds the flesh (See why I eat the whole thing?).
    In your body, citrulline is transformed into the essential amino acid arginine.
    Both citrulline and arginine play an important role in the synthesis of nitric oxide, which helps lower blood pressure by dilating and relaxing your blood vessels.

Watermelon is a good source of vitamin C :This antioxidant is essential for skin health and immune function.
    I often recommend not to juice your fruits but eat them else you miss the fiber et all.
    Quick refreshing smoothie on a hot sunny day.

I often cut watermelon in small chops and freeze so on return on a sunny hot day or when the Flu is in the air: I just throw the frozen dice-sizes and a dash of Ginger into the blender, pour in a glass and drink up!
    If you make this recipe a routine: your skin will glow, you will feel so hydrated and your hormones will thank you for it.
    I eat my water melon in full: the back, seeds, fiber etc..I take it all In, baby!
    I just ensure the full fruit is well- scrubbed and washed in running water before cutting.
    How do you enjoy your water melon?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.